Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment From A Chiropractor In Scottsdale
One of the most misunderstood conditions that cause neck and back pain is degenerative disc disease. This problem causes wear-and-tear in one of the spinal discs and gets worse with age. The deterioration of the disc may even be painful that daily activities are difficult to perform. If you believe you have degenerative disc disease, seek treatment from Secrest Family Chiropractic, PC, in Scottsdale, AZ.
What Causes The Pain From Degenerative Disc Disease?
The spine is composed of discs that are strong enough to resist shock when we are in motion. They also allow us to move in multiple directions. When we age, natural wear-and-tear occurs on the discs. As the degeneration continues to happen, on-and-off episodes of pain, as well as weakness and numbness, befall on the person affected. Without treatment, degenerative disc disease can bring forth other conditions like osteoarthritis, scoliosis, and spinal stenosis, which could lead to severe pain.
- Pain presents when you are sitting, lifting, bending, or twisting
- Numbness or tingling in the extremities
- Walking, running, changing positions, or lying down makes you feel better
- Muscles of the leg or foot drop become weak
- On-and-off pain in the neck, lower back, buttocks, and thighs
- Radiating pain in the arms and hands
Treatment for Degenerative Disc Disease
Treatments vary from patient to patient, and our chiropractor will create a plan to help improve your condition. A few techniques that can alleviate the pain caused by degenerative disc disease are the following:
- Spinal manipulation to gently restore joint movement
- Trigger point therapy to relieve pressure on painful points on a muscle
- Massage therapy to reduce tension in the muscles
Have You Been Suffering From Degenerative Disc Disease?
If you are unable to complete day to day tasks, come and see our chiropractor for an evaluation and treatment. Contact Secrest Family Chiropractic, PC, in Scottsdale, AZ, at 480-994-4411. Let us guide you toward wellness.