Chiropractic Treatment and Shoulder Injury from an Auto Accident
Dr. Daniel P. Secrest DC and our chiropractic team at Secrest Family Chiropractic, here in the Scottsdale area, know that it doesn’t take a lot to injure a shoulder. Even in minor car accidents where there is little damage to your vehicle, there may still be minor to major damage to your body. Here are some things you need to be aware of if you have been in an auto accident.
The Anatomy of Your Shoulder is Complex
The shoulder is one of the most complex parts of the human body comprised of a series of muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, and bones. Shoulder pain after an auto accident can result from strains, sprains, and musculoskeletal injuries. Some common auto accident injuries that can cause shoulder pain include:
- Soft Tissue Injury — includes any part of your body that is not bone, most often muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Torn Rotator Cuff — a tear to muscles that surround the shoulder.
- Whiplash — causes neck and back pain, but the pain from this injury can radiate down into shoulders and arms.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Shoulder Pain
We use several treatments to ease shoulder pain, including:
- Spinal Adjustments — a technique used to realign the vertebrae of the spine. This helps to improve your range of motion and reduce pressure on your joints.
- Physical Rehab — specific stretches and exercises help to improve shoulder mobility and strength.
- Massage Therapy — restores blood flow to injured parts of your shoulder and improves mobility.
Remember — many car accident victims walk away not know they are injured, only to later experience severe problems weeks later. Our goal is to enable your body to heal itself through chiropractic treatment. Visit Secrest Family Chiropractic to learn more about how our chiropractic team can treat your shoulder pain. If you’re in Scottsdale, Mesa, or Phoenix , AZ schedule an appointment by calling (480) 994-4411.