Summer Fun & Visiting a Chiropractor: Secrest Family Chiropractic
Summer is time for fun! Until or unless you’re suffering from musculoskeletal body pain. Secrest Family Chiropractic serves the residents of Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, Paradise Valley, and Fountain Hills. We offer holistic pain management for the treatment of lower back pain and neck pain, headaches, fibromyalgia, and more.
For many people, summer is the most active time of year. There are ways you can manage your physical health to minimize pain and injury when involved in common summer activities.
- Gardening. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that annually 400,00 or more people are injured while gardening.
- Light gardening has minimal impact on the body. When watering houseplants and window boxes keep your watering cans light and move heavy objects minimally. Rather than using one large watering can, use several small cans. Use thin, form-fitting gloves and knee pads.
- Heavy gardening. This involves digging, rototilling, and managing large in-ground gardens. Use curved handled tools and keep tool blades sharp. Avoid excessive reaching and bending. Take regular breaks and avoid holding your head and neck in an upward position for long periods of time.
- Sports. Injuries from sporting activities can happen at any time of year. During the summer months, however, it’s imperative that special precautions are taken.
- Hydrate. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty to drink. Set reminders for yourself to drink regularly throughout the day.
- When the weather is more agreeable, as, in summer months, people are generally more active. This means more injuries. If you’re feeling pain, take a break. Lower back pain is very common in many different sporting activities such as golf, biking, running, and even boating.
- Road Trips. Traveling is the most fun when the weather is nice. Whether you’re taking a day trip, camping, or town hopping, you’re still at risk for injury. Take regular breaks from the car. Sitting for long periods in one position can cause back, leg, and neck pain.
Make the most out of your summer by staying healthy. Come visit us at Secrest Family Chiropractic whether you’ve already suffered an injury or if you’d like to maintain an already pain-free lifestyle. Our air-conditioned office in Scottsdale, serving all of Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, Paradise Valley, and Fountain Hills is open and ready to help you with your musculoskeletal health. If you live in AZ and you’re asking yourself, “Where is there a chiropractor near me?” we would love for you to find us for a healthy visit.